Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Boyd Coddington '40 Ford

This is the '40 Ford retractable hardtop that I designed for the Hot Rod Magazine Boyd Coddington contest back in 1997. The winner would have the car built by Boyd, and would get a set of the wheels that they designed for the winning entry. I placed in the top 6 and the renderings were on display at SEMA. When I spoke to Chip Foose on the phone, he said they liked it but had just finished a '40 Ford for Micheal Anthony of Van Halen so didn't want to do another one so soon. Boyd got into Government trouble, so the winning car was never built. I was really into the Billet style in the early 90s, so it was fun to try to design a car for them. Little did I know almost 20 years later, I'd be designing cars for my own company! Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment